Make a gift to CIS Gulf South as an individual or organization.
Only YOU can keep caring adults in schools to help students succeed. Communities In Schools of the Gulf South serves 17 schools with 22 staff members and we need to raise $30,000.00 per school each year to maintain our services. CIS Gulf South has an active Go Fund Me campaign to help close our funding gap.
Communities In Schools of the Gulf South also accepts in-kind donations! If you are interested in making an in-kind donation please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to tell us more about what you would like to donate.
There are Three Ways to Volunteer
Communities In Schools of the Gulf South offers three different types of volunteer opportunities.
Done-in-a-Day Volunteer Opportunities
Communities In Schools of the Gulf South has opportunities for community members to volunteer with us. For those with limited free time, Done-in-a-Day opportunities provide a chance to give back by working on a specific project. Done-in-a-Day volunteer activities are also ideal for corporate and civic groups to engage in service.
Examples of Done-in-a-Day volunteer projects include:
- Preparing in-kind donations for distribution (school supplies, food bags for breaks, holiday gifts)
- Assisting with CIS special events (soliciting raffle items, promoting events, volunteering day-of)
- Providing school beautification (planting, gardening, painting, clean-up)
Interested in volunteering with CIS Gulf South for a Done-in-a-Day opportunity?
Contact Rebecca Rubenstein to learn about volunteer opportunities: email@example.com
Click the button below to view a calendar of volunteer opportunities.
CIS Gulf South is seeking volunteers to serve as mentors. Expanding youth mentoring in New Orleans has been a top priority for CIS Gulf South. Extensive research has shown that youth who have adult mentors have a far greater likelihood of succeeding no matter their personal circumstances.
Our equation is a simple one -
one adult, one child, one lunch a week= 2 Lives Changed
Volunteer as a CIS Gulf South Mentor
The Communities In Schools of the Gulf South Mentoring Program gives adult volunteers and youth the opportunity to engage in a mentoring relationship in a structured and safe school-based environment.
To become a mentor you must:
• Be at least 21 years of age
• Complete a mentor application and interview
• Pass a background check and reference check
• Submit a copy of your driver's license
• Complete a 3-hour mentor training
• Commit to a minimum of one year as a mentor
Research has shown that a young person who has a mentor is more likely to:
• Improve self-esteem
• Stay in school
• Improve academic and social skills
• Feel encouraged to develop positive behaviors, attitudes and ambitions
Research has shown that adults who serve as mentors experience:
• Improved health and self-esteem
• A sense of purpose
• A much-needed break from their busy professional lives
To apply to be a mentor, please fill out the below application and email it to Rebecca Rubenstein, National Programs & Mentoring Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Work For Us
Communities In Schools of the Gulf South, Inc. welcomes applications from qualified individuals who are committed to the success of children in public schools.
To apply for an open position at CIS Gulf South, please fill out the application below and email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
We currently do not have any open positions. Please check this site regularly for updates.